edited by Darin Bradley, Aaron Leis, and Misti Morrison
Published: January 12th, 2016
trade paperback -
Farrago's Wainscot is a quarterly online zine that collects the weird and sublime in fiction and poetry. Words cannot be arranged in too strange a fashion for Old Man Farrago, and FWA 1 is the collected assortment of stories from the first year of the Wainscot's revival. Brand new! Fantastically fresh! With dogs in sweaters!
Maybe not that last part, but everything else in the previous paragraph is true in the most literary weird sense possible, because that's what one comes to expect with the Wainscot.
The somewhat arbitrary list of contents is as follows:
- Forrest Aguirre - "Sinfonia 22"
- Toiya Kristen Finley - "Everybody Has a Twin Except for Me"
- Richard Bowes - "Time is a Twisting Snake"
- Jason Heller - "Of Homes Gone"
- Bryan D. Dietrich - "Worlds in Collision"
- Glenn Shaheen - "Perennial Movement"
- John Gallaher - "Whispering into the Ear of the Statue of Your Choice What You Really Think About Things is Almost Like Talking to Someone"
- A. J. Odasso - "Orbital"
- Paul Jessup - "The Days of Talking Mountains"
- Willow Fagan - "All Her Buzzing Eyes"
- Bonnie Jo Stufflebeam - "Dance Our Shoes To Pieces"
- Bruce Bond - "Cremona"
- Romie Stott - "Every Hand a Winner"
- Robert Lunday - "Brilliant Cannibal"
- Joelle Jameson - "Leaving the Garden"
- Brian Glaser - "Earthly Paradise"
- Krista Hoeppner Leahy - Wunderkammern Castle"
- Hal Duncan - "And a Pinch of Salt"
- Josh Roundtree - "All My Pretty Chickens"
- Wendy N. Wagner - "Three Small Slices of Pumpkin Pie"
- Michael Kellichner - "Eating Persimmons"
- Jen Schalliol - "Pantoum with Reverb"
- F. J. Bergmann - "Imperative"
- Teresa Milbrodt - "All the Saints Are Looking Through Your Trash"
- Marleen S. Barr - "Rudolph The Red Nosed Squirrel or Miracle on 82nd Street: Fiction/Quotation/Exposition"
- Philip Schweitzer - "Winter Into Summer"
- Julie C. Day - "The Thirteen Tuesdays of Saint Anthony"
- Nick Mamatas - "The Warehouse of Dead Daughters"
- Matthew Gavin Frank - "Flying Saucer, This Exit"
- Abigail Welhouse - "Milk and Roses"